Friday, October 30, 2009

I just realized somethin...

See I never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever enjoyed physical exercise. Oh, I didn’t mind if you asked me to go for a walk but if there was any whiff of competition involved, like balls or bats or sprints or anything like that, I basically started running through excuses at the first mention. Organized sports give me panic. Gym class was my nemesis from grades K through 12 and I have the abysmal President’s Challenge score cards to prove it. Running the mile was something I dreaded from the first day of school on. Favorite gym class activity: taking a zero.

So I just had to touch base on here real quick to share something. I, Jess Pithie, am about to go to a power yoga class at 5:30 on a FRIDAY night. This might not be a big deal for somebody else, but for me, the fact that my immediate post work activity does not involve cocktails is a bit of a milestone. The other night, I actually practiced before I even thought about what to cook for dinner, and I usually think about what I'm going to cook for dinner as I'm finishing my breakfast. Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment